Backyard poultry owners want natural, wholesome feeds that help their birds thrive, keep their eggs strong and keep coops fresh. Cargill is delivering on this demand by adding essential oils to its Nutrena Naturewise poultry feeds. The natural essential oils contribute to the promotion of egg weight, size and production, enhanced palatability and a fresh aroma direct from the bag.
In addition to the egg weight, size improvements and feed palatability enhancements NatureWise feeds offers:
- FlockShield proprietary ingredient mix helps maintain a healthy gut and strengthens the immune system,
- Prebiotics, probiotics and yeast culture to support optimum digestion and nutrient absorption,
- Vitamin D3 to promote calcium absorption and strong eggshells,
- Plant extracts to support healthy bird growth and bone formation, and
- Yucca schidigera extract to aid in the control of manure odor.
During an 8-week observational study of nine backyard flocks fed NatureWise Layer Feed, owners documented pleasant aroma experiences when opening the bag of feed. Birds had a better appearance, laid more eggs and appeared to enjoy their feed more, had more energy and seemed happy.
Now available nationwide, the NatureWise lineup includes Layer 16 per cent Pellet, Layer 16 per cent Crumble, Hearty Hen Soy-Free, Free-Range Egg Producer, Feather Fixer, All Flock Pellet, All Flock Crumble, Meatbird, and Chick Starter Grower.