Allergy & Asthma Network, the leading patient outreach, education, advocacy and research nonprofit, and Global Food Therapy are partnering to provide answers and more at the first-ever Global Food Allergy Virtual Summit, August 13-15, 2021.
The Summit is free for all to attend. Attendees will hear from leading food allergy experts from around the world.
What: Global Food Allergy Virtual Summit
When: August 13-15, 2021
Where: A computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet near you
With food allergies on the rise in the United States, there is a growing need to provide education and connect people with experts in the field. More than 32 million Americans – including 6 million children – have at least one food allergy. Severe allergic reactions to food can be life-threatening.
Board-certified allergists and Global Food Therapy co-founders Douglas H Jones, MD and Atul N Shah, MD developed the concept and agenda of the Summit with the goal of engaging patients, parents and caregivers on food allergy prevention and treatment. The sessions are designed to provide practical, evidence-based, easy-to-understand information.
"Whether you are newly diagnosed with food allergies, developing an Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Plan, or considering oral immunotherapy, this Summit is packed with vital information for you," Dr Shah says. "Many leading food allergy experts around the world are presenting at the Summit, so attendees can be assured they're hearing from trusted, credible sources."
Topics during the 3-day Summit include:
- Understanding the science of food allergies
- Food allergies vs. food sensitivity and intolerance
- Anaphylaxis preparedness and going to the ER
- When to see a food allergy specialist – and how to find one
- Food allergy treatment: avoidance or immunotherapy?
- Are you an oral immunotherapy (OIT) candidate?
- Special considerations with oral immunotherapy
- A look at the future of food allergy treatments