Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has reconstituted Scientific Committee and 19 Scientific panels, and constituted 2 new scientific panels comprising independent scientific experts for providing scientific and technical advice for development of food products standards.
Following are the members for the Scientific Panel on Food Additives, Flavourings, Processing aids & Materials in Contact with Food-
- Dr Alka Rao, Senior Scientist, CSIR Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh
- Dr Appu Rao AG, Chief Scientist & Scientist G, (Rtd.), CFTRI, Mysuru
- Dr Debabrata Kanungo, Former Additional Director General, Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi
- Dr Indra Chakravarthy, Chief Advisor, Public Health Engineering Department, Government of West flengal, Kolkata.
- Dr P V Mohanan, Scientist G & Head, Toxicology Division, Biomedical Technology Wing, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (Govt. of India) Poojapura, Thiruvananthapuram
- Dr Rekha Satishchandra Singhal, Dean (Research, Consultancy and Resource) Mobilizat, Institute of Chemical Technology, Nathalal Parekh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai
- Dr Sheelendra Pratap Singh, Scientist, Regulatory Toxicology, CSIR lndian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow
- Dr Srinivas Pullabhatla, Chief Scientist & Scientist G (Rtd.), Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru.
- Dr Suman Kapur, Dean, Research and Consultancy, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Dr T P Rajendran, Visiting Fellow, Ris Research lnformation System for Developing Countries, New Delhi
- Dr Udaya Shankar Kadimi, Scientific Assistant, Central Water Commission, Hyderabad
A Chairperson for the panel will be selected amongst the members in subsequent meetings to be held.