Nearly 20 of the 84 McDonald’s outlets in North and East India that were shut down earlier this week are set to open in the next few days.
Connaught Plaza Restaurants Private Limited, the North and East India licencee of McDonald’s, said that it has found a new logistics partner after its original partner Radhakrishna Foodland discontinued its services on December 20.
Vikram Bakshi, the managing director of CPRL, said that the company was now working with a “strong group in logistics space” to deliver raw material to all 84 McDonald’s restaurants. CPRL operates 169 McDonald’s restaurants in the north and east.
“Between today and tomorrow, about 20 outlets will be back in business and before the end of the year, we will have all our stores serving customers again,” Bakshi said. However, he did not identify the new logistics partner. The company had said it had incurred a loss of Rs 1 crore because of the shutdowns and expected it to increase the longer the stores remained closed during the festive season.
Connaught Plaza Restaurants Private Limited is a 50:50 joint venture between Bakshi and McDonald’s India unit.