The term of the scientific panels will be valid for a period of three years
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has reconstituted Scientific Committee and 19 Scientific panels, and constituted 2 new scientific panels comprising independent scientific experts for providing scientific and technical advice for development of food products standards.
Following are the members for the Scientific Panel for Functional foods, Nutraceuticals, Dietetic Products and Other similar products-
- Dr D B A Narayana, Expert Member, Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission, MoHFW
- Dr Dinesh Kumar, Scientist, Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Palampur
- Dr G Bhanuprakash Reddy, Scientist-F and IHead, Biochemistry Division, National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Prof H P S Sachdev, Sr Consultant, Paediatrics and Clinical Epidemiology, Sita Ram Bharatia Institute of Science and Research, New Delhi
- Dr K Bhaskar Reddy, Professor and Principal, Sri Venkateswara College of Pharmacy, Rvs Nagar, Tirupati Road, Chittor
- Dr Neelam Kier, Chairperson, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr Puja Dudeja, Director Pensions, 0/0 DGllFMS, Ministry of Defence
- Dr Seema Puri, Associate Professor, Dept. of Nutrition, Institute of Home Economics (University of Delhi), New Delhi
- Dr Suman Kapur, Dean, Research and Consultancy, Birla Inst itute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Dr Tanuja Nesari, Director, All India Institute for Ayurveda, New Delhi
- Dr V Thirupathy, Dean, Agriculture Engineering College and Research Institute, TNAU, Ku mulur
A Chairperson for the panel will be selected amongst the members in subsequent meetings to be held.