To be shared with all stakeholders
During the recent visit of Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya at Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), the officials launched a book focusing on the Code of Practices on Food Safety and Hygiene (12 CoPs).
These 12 Codes of Practices are intended to provide guidance for the safe and hygienic manufacturing and processing of food. These will also be shared with the line ministries/ departments and other stakeholders.
A brief description of these Code of Practices is given below-
- For Eggs and Egg Products
- For Bottled/Packaged drinking water
- For collecting, Processing and Marketing of Natural Mineral waters
- For the prevention and reduction of aflatoxin contamination in Peanuts
- For Arsenic contamination in Rice
- For Street Vended Foods
- For the prevention and reduction of lead contamination in foods
- For the reduction of Aflatoxin B1 in Raw Materials and supplemental feeding stuffs for milk producing animals
- For Fruits and Vegetables
- For the prevention and reduction of Mycotoxins in Spices
- For Prevention and reduction of contamination by Aflatoxins in Cereal Grains
- Recommended International Code of Practice for Packaging and Transport of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
In addition, a book highlighting the standard specifications for setting up a basic food testing laboratory has also been published by FSSAI.