SFA is committed to the “30 by 30” goal, to build our capability and capacity to sustainably produce 30% of the nation’s nutritional needs locally by 2030
The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) has published its inaugural Singapore Food Statistics (SgFS) covering data from 2019-to 2021. The SgFS serves as a one-stop comprehensive resource for key statistics for the agri-food sector in Singapore.
Key Highlights from 2019 to 2021
- Safeguarding Singapore’s Food Security
- Strengthening Singapore’s Food Resiliency: Local Production
- There was healthy growth in the number of local farms, which increased from 221 in 2019 to 260 in 2021.
- Adopting A Risk-Based Approach: Food Safety in Singapore
- Singapore faces space and resource constraints and is vulnerable to global trends that impact food supply and safety.
The Singapore Food Agency’s mission is to ensure and secure a supply of safe food for Singapore. SFA works hand-in-hand with the industry and consumers to grow our three “food baskets” –Diversify import sources, Grow local, and Grow overseas, as well as ensure food safety from farm-to-fork.