World’s 1st Personalized Laurik shots for Health and Beauty
Founders– Lavanya Sunkari and Archana Chindam
Total team strength– 14
Total funds raised– Rs 3.7 crore
Investors– Murthy Aradhi, co-founder at FastCollab, Lakshmikant PB, Director of Finance at Antler, Telangana government and T-Hub (T-Fund programme) and Start-Up India Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) through WE HUB
Revenue generated since inception– NA
- Produces the world’s first enhanced coconut shots using lauric acid, a compound found in mother’s milk and coconut. It extracts this compound from premium quality coconuts and combines it with over 26 whole-food-sourced vitamins, minerals, superfoods and probiotics in one shot. These shots are made employing an age-old Ayurvedic concept developed after 24 months of extensive scientific research by top scientists worldwide.
- Filed for over 12 formulation patents this year
- Achieved the prestigious Clean Label certification from the Clean Label Project™. Laurik is India’s second brand in the nutraceutical segment to have been awarded the certification
- Launched eight Stock Keeping Units (SKUs) on 1st April 2022
“The biggest challenge of being an entrepreneur is being able to form the right team. Since we are a startup, it is difficult to get experienced people on board. However, we try to build an energetic team with enthusiastic people who are willing to take risks to be part of a bigger dream. In the business, sometimes we end up getting perfection in areas in which we should not spend more time. However, I have learnt that being a startup we sometimes have to concentrate first on execution and then get into perfect details. Another challenge was incorporating quick iterations in the product as we make our own formulations. It takes at least 12 – 20 weeks for us to make the necessary changes, do shelf-life testing, and keep the necessary approvals in place to relaunch the product in the market.
The Indian market for nutraceuticals is witnessing robust growth following the outbreak of COVID-19. The Indian nutraceuticals market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15 per cent in the forecast period of 2022-2027. The start-up aims to capture the growing market and strengthen its research and development, expand the team and scale its go-to-market operations. It will also be launching new product categories in the coming months.”
– Lavanya Sunkari, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Laurik, Hyderabad